
Last night we went to a auction for the football team Uncle Eddie is on. They had a Chinese auction for some goods that were donated. A Chinese Auction is when they display the item you're bidding on and there's a piece of paper next to the item and everyone walks around and places bids on the items until it ends. I bid on two hats mostly because there wasn't anything else I really wanted and then at the end before I even knew someone up bid me so I didn't get them although I wasn't all that dissapointed. Then they auctioned off the football players. Each one of them "donated" so many hours of work time and people bid on them. This is really good around here because many people have farms and land that they can use the help on. I didn't bid on any boys. My Grammie (in the picture with her two boys she bought) won Uncle Eddie (left) and his friend John (right) and shes already got a list going for them. My mom also won Caleb and she's also thinking of all the ways she can put him to work. They made a ton of money for the football team it seems. Some boy even got sold for $75. My brother and his friend both got a little over $30 I think the boy who got $75 mostly got it because he was the last one but it's all for a good cause.



1 comment:
Omg that's so funny about them selling themselves!! I wonder how much I am worth...
Post a Comment