Tuesday, December 2, 2008

This isn't a hospital, it's an insane asylum!


This is one of Frankies 20 week ultrasound pics. It's a little scary, she was getting ready for Halloween. Anyway, last night I went to the ER AGAIN. I NEVER had to go to the ER with RJay not once and with Frankie this was the second time. Basically they didn't tell me anything that I didn't already know. Some small contractions nothing to worry about so that explained the pulling in my belly. But that's not what I was worried about. I had such pain in my back that I was bent over at work because it hurt so much. They couldn't really tell me anything about that except that it MAY be a kidney stone but there wasn't really anything they could do even if it was because of the risk to the baby. But on the other hand they weren't really thinking kidney stone because it would give me pain on one side and this pain was on both sides. So after three hours I was sent home and told to take Tylenol. TYLENOL does NOT work on me at all. Not even a little bit. So I am still in crippling pain and they send me home with TYLENOL. Now I'm not saying I wanted to risk anything with the baby so that they could do more tests, but people don't just get pain like that for nothing. Anyway last night after I got home the Tylenol to my complete surprise did help. Much more than I ever expected it to and I got a few hours of sleep until it wore off. When I woke up the pain was even worse and it took me a few HOURS to get back to sleep after taking some more Tylenol. At that point I made my own diagnosis and this was definitely a bad kidney stone. At this point I had rested and there was no more pulling in my back and belly (probably just because I was working and I often get pains and contractions when working) and it was just pain on ONE side of my back. Just like when I was pregnant with RJay and had a kidney stone. However with RJay I was like 4 months pregnant and sleeping when your 4 months pregnant and sleeping when your 8 months pregnant is two completely different things. So overall this was a VERY interesting night. This afternoon after sleeping all morning thanks to Tylenol I think the stone may have passed there is still some pain but I think it may just be sore from passing the stone. The Tylenol is long gone from my system as far as helping for pain and since I am sitting here writing this the pain can't be that bad! Anyway, back to Frankie (because I know no one came on here to read about me :) ) They hooked me up to the monitor to look at Frankies heart beat and the contractions. So they start with Frankie and she kicks the monitor off and rolls around and basically does anything in the little power that she has to make it so they can't listen to her heartbeat. I mean you could see her kick the thing off she really didn't like it. However after me turning side to side and walking around (which felt really good for me ... not) she must have gone to sleep because she let the monitor stay on and they determined she was good and healthy. I could have told them that too. I mean she does kick me all day long. Anyway I think both Frankie and I would love to see her come into the world ASAP. 34 days and counting until her due date. I find out on the 15th when they will schedule the c-section. So we'll see but I am hoping for before the end of the year, but I suppose it will all depend.

1 comment:

Tara said...

Wow!!! I feel so bad you have to go through all of this! I hope (as long as she is good and healthy) that you're able to have her by the end of the year!! And I love the ultrasound pic, very Halloweenish of her.